Honduras 2006

This is my online journal of the journey I took on the 2006 TORCH missions trip to Honduras.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Ga, TN, United States

Thursday, July 20, 2006

We got on this plane without anymore incidents. We were making one stop in El Salvador then changing planes and jumping over into Honduras. I was sitting between Judy and Dennis when we landed and the Stew. Announced "Welcome to Nicaragua!" WHAT?
I quickly found my boarding ticket and there was nothing about making a stop here. Judy exclaims, "DO NOT get off the plane...I AM NOT GETTING OFF THE PLANE!"
After we all changed our pants and calmed down we settled back took pictures and waited till we took off again this time for El Salvador. By the time we reached Honduras we had gone through 3 different times zones and 4 different countries within 4 hours. The US, Nicaragua, El Salvador and Honduras.

When we got to the Tegucigalpa airport it was a sight. Over the past year they have remodeled and built onto it. It was beautiful. After going through immigration and having our finger prints scanned (new) we went to await for our luggage which might not be there. As we are sweating it out, a American Airlines attendent came up to me and asked if we were us and that our luggage had arrived yesterday. YIPPEE!!!!We had to wait for our luggage to be brought over and then had to scan them to leave the airport, which is something that I had never done before. There was a new glass frosted wall that prevented us from seeing who was waiting for us, but as I got closer I could see Terry's shoes!!

HOME at last!!!

We all headed outside to Terry's and Jen Arnold's cars and loaded up to head out to Chomeagwa (sp?) a town about 2 hours from Tegucigalpa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home