Honduras 2006

This is my online journal of the journey I took on the 2006 TORCH missions trip to Honduras.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Ga, TN, United States

Sunday, July 23, 2006

I stand to praise you

After we dropped our luggage off at the hotel we headed to the church to help....well actually we went and stood.

Ok times out. I had written this section 3 times now, and each time I somehow manage to erase it, so if it is not up to my level of work I apologize.

After standing somemore we helped fill bags with koolaid for the kids in VBS.

Once the other teams finished painting and doing VBS we headed back to the hotel to change to comeback to the church for thier evening service.

The church was packed and the air was filled with singing, preaching, translating and it was awesome.

That night at devo I was exhausted...we had been up over 20 hours and with the time change I was dead on my feet.

But being there listening to the singing and the words...I was at peace.
And as I lay in my bed..knowing I was in Honduras... and knowing what it took to get there ........I was home.......at last.

of course the bed Dinah and I shared folded to the middle, so really it was like sleeping in a hoagie bun.

1 Comments:

Blogger dinah lou said...

Ha Ha! I had forgotten about our bed in Comayagua. I guess since I am the palest here, I was the mayo on the hoagie bun.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home