Honduras 2006

This is my online journal of the journey I took on the 2006 TORCH missions trip to Honduras.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Ga, TN, United States

Saturday, July 29, 2006

PT day two

I forgot. On Monday we also headed back to tegucigalpa.
On Tuesday we went to a Special needs orphange to play with the kids and hand out clouths and toys. We stopped at the grocery store first to get some things for the kids.
When we got there Judy, Dinah and I started sortingthe clouths, but then Brett came and found us to tell us that he found a PT who was working with some of the kids now.

Of course, by the time we got over there Dennis and Jeremy had gotten word and were treating some of the kids as well. we all joined in and had an awesome experience.

We headed to a Hospital next. Once there we split up into teams and scattered around the different wards to visit the kids and play with them.

Last year I placed myself behind a video camera, but this year I put it aside and really dove into the kids. I am glad I did b/c I got to really experience the situation I was in. I only wish I could have some out with pics of the the kids, then I could post them. (JUDY)

This day was very emotionally draining, but I think it was one of my favorite days in Honduras..ever.

One thing that made this day special was getting to see Jeremy, Dinah and Dennis experience what a 3rd world country hospital is like. We all know what top notch US hospitals are like since we have worked in them, but knowing what it should be and seeing what it is not can be overwhelming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home