Honduras 2006

This is my online journal of the journey I took on the 2006 TORCH missions trip to Honduras.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Ga, TN, United States

Monday, July 31, 2006

Drugs and painting

On Wed. we went to the Bodega. Judy, Dinah and I sorted medicines and organized the pharmacy.
Judy got beat down by a huge cardboard box of medical supplies, while Jeremy got beat down by stomach rumblings.
Terry and Byran also came to the Bodega to help load school lunch tables and chairs in between running errands (or driving halfway to the airport then coming back).
Terry came into the pharmacy to help organize it but I think he really just came in for the air conditioning.
In the afternoon we loaded up the truck and went to San Migel to paint a house. We transfered into Randy's truck and he drove us up, up, up and a little higher to the house we would be painting. We painted the house pink, with a red door and window. There we no matter mishaps during this excursion, except that while painting the upper half of one of the walls I stepped back into the pan of pink paint. Yes, my shoe was covered.
We walked back down the mountian to catch a ride one of the buses. I'm sorry, did I say walked down? No, I mean't hiked down. My legs got the best workout they had had in a long time.
All the kids in the village surrounded the buses as we pulled out.
I love being up in the villages in the mountains. I think that one of my favorite views is standing up in the hills and looking out across the valley, seeing the kids and people run about doing their daily routines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home