Honduras 2006

This is my online journal of the journey I took on the 2006 TORCH missions trip to Honduras.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Ga, TN, United States

Monday, August 07, 2006

Paint, Mop heads and Surprises

On Thursday we headed out to Santa Ana to do some work at Casa de Esperanza, "house of Hope"

After getting a tour of the place we split into teams to tackle some odds and ends that needed tackling.

Dinah, Judy, Brett and I headed to the medical clinic to paint the floors. The clinic is not up and running yet. we had to clean the floors and then apply a terra cotta type paint to the floor.

It took all day pretty much to do it. The fumes were overwhelming... Oh, and a pink and purple elephant walked by the clinic about 3pm...it was soo cool.

Other groups painted walls and cleaned up the palyground area.

After we got the first coat of paint on the floors we reallized we would not have time to do the 2nd coat. It started raining while we were packing it up. Judy and I got in the small pharmacy room and personally touched every peice of equipment that came out of all the other rooms. We positioned them all to fit nicely. No sweat was envolved here.

Mark came by and helped and then surprised us with the news the Margaret had come to Honduras early.. There was jumping and screaming and I am pretty sure Judy made a fool out of herself when Margerat pulled into the mission house that evening by jumping up and down and screaming. Or was that me....

I now have pics via Judy, Dinah, Jeremy and Dennis.
I will post them at the end

1 Comments:

Blogger JSM said...

Looking good so far..... So, what happened next?

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home