Honduras 2006

This is my online journal of the journey I took on the 2006 TORCH missions trip to Honduras.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Ga, TN, United States

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Bob and Betty Builder

On Friday the PT group and others went off to San Miguel to build a house.
Our group was going to venture into an area of the village that had not had a house built in before, so we could not go walking around.

After climbing the Mtn in the bus we went the rest of the way on foot. The lumber was about 100 yards uphill from the work site, so while most of the guys tore down the existing house Judy, Dinah, Jeremy, Jordan, I and a bunch of the village kids moved the lumber from atop the hill down to atop the other hill above the house site. It was hot and dirty work. I came out with a few bruises and scraps (thanks jeremy). Oh, before we started to move the lumber we were helping tear down the house and Dennis ripped a board of the house and then proceeded to throw it at me...without me knowing...right into my arm. It was kinda funny though. From our worksite we could see the other construction crew across the valley on another mtn. It is really cool to be able to hear their hammers going but they look like little ants on the hill.We worked long and hard on this house and it seemed that everything was taking along time to accomplish, but we did it, we all worked our butts off...well except for Jordan who just sat around.... ..............Just Kidding. One little boy helped me all day, his name was Ronnie. All day he wanted my work gloves, so at the end of the day, and after we prayed with the family in thier new house, Ronnie got the work gloves. He was so excited. After we loaded all the equipment back on to the bus we headed back to the mission house. As I was cleaning my face off with a wet nap I could feel my face stinging...thats new....but when I got back and took alook at my face I saw why.....Just call me Bob..the tomato.

3 Comments:

Blogger JSM said...

What? No mention of the life saving duct tape surgery performed on your water bottle on the back of the bus at neck-breaking speeds and larger-than-life potholes?

1:50 PM  
Blogger AnnaJane said...

I totally forgot about it...sorrrry.
So, here it is. On the way out to build that day I decided to have a drink of my water on the bus. Well, as my luck has it my nalgene bottle top spilt open. So Judy and I proceeded to duck tape it together, but we had problems. Pot holes...larger than life pot holes...that made it very difficult to tape. Judy was holding the bottle and I was taping..when I went up with the tape Judy and the bottle went down and vice versa.
We got it though, but not before we became the entertainment for the morning.

5:35 PM  
Blogger dinah lou said...

Don't forget about the time I was standing on the big "boulder" next to the house we were building and got hit in the back of the head by a large piece of wood. And you yelled my name after the fact...

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home