Honduras 2006

This is my online journal of the journey I took on the 2006 TORCH missions trip to Honduras.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Ga, TN, United States

Saturday, August 19, 2006

The Last day..already

Sat. was our last full day in Honduras this year. It came too soon.
We loaded the buses and headed back to Santa Ana to finish the floor at the medical clinic.
Jeremy, Dennis, Dinah, Judy, Brett and I maned the paint, while other continued work on the playground to get it child proof for the kids at Casa de Esperanza. Judy and I had to keep reminding Margaret to wear her face mask that her MD told her to wear when working outside. Later when I was back in the states I saw a pic of Margaret working AND she did not have the mask on...But whatever.
After we took all the furniture and equipment out of the medical clinic we got to work putting the second coat down. The door frames needed to be painted whitle so we did that too. What we should have done was to paint the door frame on Thursday, before we put the first coat of paint on the floor. That is what we should have done..of course we didn't do that. So by the time we finshed the door trim we had white spots all over the floor. The white paint for the doors was thick..thick as my last batch of bacon gravy, which pretty much tasted like flour, so we had to thin it out. Of course then we got it too thin.....white spots. The elephants came back as well.
We broke for lunch and walked down the road to a little cafe place that served fried chicken and fries. Jen Wright, one of Casa de Esperanza's moms eats thereand said it was safe for us to eat as well. Judy and Jen had eaten there on thursday and had two pieces of chicken and fries and Jen called ahead to let them know that 20 people were coming. She ordered everyone 2 pieces of chicken. When the waitress brought out the first batch the pieces were larger than they had been on Thursday...they were more like chicken halves. SO..needless to say we all cramed as much chicken in our stomachs as we could..well almost everyone...I believe Judy bowed out early. Dennis ate like 2 full chickens. BUT that was hte BEST fried chicken and fries I have ever had in my life...I could not breathe or feel my toes when I walked out, but I was some good eatin. When we got back to the clinic I felt like taking a nap or yacking, but we just got back to work.
We ran out of paint when we got to the last room...the room with all the white spots. Brett just painted over the spots. It was not the best paint job ever, but it will defiently give another group something to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home